STCW Basic Training Refresher
24 Hours / $599.00
STCW Basic Training Refresher is for those seafarers who do not meet the renewal requirements every five (5) years of serving on vessels that conduct regular drills.
Our course offers all four required refresher elements for STCW Basic Training (Elementary First Aid, Personal Safety and Social Responsibility, Personal Survival Techniques, and Basic Fire Fighting). Course elements are offered as a package refresher course or individually.
All students registering for our Basic Training Refresher course must provide proof of endorsement of STCW Basic Training.
Basic Training Refresher will satisfy the continued competency requirements of;
STCW Basic Training in STCW Section A-VI/1, 46 CFR 11.302(e) and 46 CFR 12.602(e).
Shipboard Firefighting Practical Assessment: Student Guidelines
• Students should be in good physical condition.
• Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
• Full length pants, shirts that cover the shoulder and enclosed shoes are required.
• The total weight of a firefighter's PPE depends on the tools needed for the job, but basic PPE (helmet, hood, pants, coat, gloves, boots and air pack) weighs about 45 pounds. Add a thermal imaging camera, radio, box light and set of irons (Halligan bar and axe) and you're up to about 75 pounds.
• Some evolutions will be performed in zero to limited visibility.
• Limited visibility requires the student to crawl during some evolutions. (Estimated distance 80’.)
• Students must be clean shaven. Moustaches must not extend into the interface of the mask and the face.