Basic Training Revalidation
8 Hours / $499.00
STCW Basic Training Revalidation is a requirement for mariners who wish to renew their STCW Basic Training credential. Mariners who serve on vessels and have 360 days service in any capacity aboard and hold regular fire, emergency, and abandon ship drills will need to completed a Basic Training Revalidation course
This course will satisfy the following continued competency requirements for;
Personal Survival Techniques and Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting in STCW Section A-VI/1, 46 CFR 11.302(d) and 46 CFR 12.602(d),
provided that they have at least 1 year of sea service in the last 5 years.
All students registering for our Basic Training Refresher course must provide proof of endorsement of STCW Basic Training.
Shipboard Firefighting Practical Assessment: Student Guidelines
• Students should be in good physical condition.
• Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
• Full length pants, shirts that cover the shoulder and enclosed shoes are required.
• The total weight of a firefighter's PPE depends on the tools needed for the job, but basic PPE (helmet, hood, pants, coat, gloves, boots and air pack) weighs about 45 pounds. Add a thermal imaging camera, radio, box light and set of irons (Halligan bar and axe) and you're up to about 75 pounds.
• Some evolutions will be performed in zero to limited visibility.
• Limited visibility requires the student to crawl during some evolutions. (Estimated distance 80’.)
• Students must be clean shaven. Moustaches must not extend into the interface of the mask and the face.