Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV): 56 Hour (7 Day) GLFCMA - 340 $549.00
This United States Coast Guard Approved course is for the license, properly termed “Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels” (OUPV) and is commonly referred to as the “6-pack” or “Charter boat Captain’s License”. The word “uninspected” means that the equipment required and the design of the boat are less regulated. “6-pack” refers to the 6 passenger limitation placed on the license. OUPV licenses are issued with a particular route. Your license can be for the Great Lakes, Inland routes meaning bays, sounds, rivers, lakes, etc. of the US or Near Coastal routes out to 100 miles offshore. All OUPV licenses are for 100 Gross Tons vessels (about 100 feet, more or less). The OUPV license may be upgraded to a Master license.
Requirements For OUPV License
- 90 days service in the last 3 years on vessels of appropriate tonnage.
- Near Coastal: 360 days deck service in the operation of vessels, including 90 days service on ocean or near coastal waters.
- Great Lakes/Inland: 360 days deck service in the operation of vessels, including 90 days service on Great Lakes.
- Inland: 360 days deck service in the operation of vessels.
- Towing Endorsement: Must request and pass towing endorsement examination.
USCG Approval Citation:
Any applicant who has successfully completed your Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV) (GLFCMA-340) course and presents your Certificate of Training within one year of the completion of training, will satisfy the examination requirements of 46 CFR 11.903 (a)(24) for original issuance, 46 CFR 10.227(e)(1)(iii) for renewal, and 46 CFR 10.227(i)(1) for reissuance of a merchant mariner endorsement as Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV) Upon Near Coastal, or Great Lakes and Inland, or Inland Waters. The course completion certificate issued upon successful completion of this course is valid for one application which results in the issuance of an endorsement(s) and may not be used for future application transactions.